Monday, October 15, 2012

8 Years


Brandon and I celebrated our 8 year anniversary this past Friday and I can say without a doubting am just as head over heels in love today as I was the day we said "I do".

Living a few states away from the nearest babysitter and having 2 young kids means being creative for our anniversary and enjoying the little things.


I woke up to a tear inducing card and a beautiful pair of diamond earrings. Better yet? I woke to the wonderful scent of freshly brewing coffee. Now that's love!


I had no clue what to get B for our anniversary so I went with super cheesy and gifted him with a date night in. At home. After the kids went to bed.


 A lilac candle (the flower for 8 years!), a box of chocolates, his favorite wine and some massage oils accompanied a cute little invitation for a romantic evening of some favorite foods inspired by our favorite restaurant in Connecticut and a viewing of The Avengers. We keep it real.


Unfortunately the dinner we made sucked so we ordered Chinese takeout. Then while watching the movie I started coming down with a cold. Our romantic date night turned into watching a movie with takeout and me sniffling and blowing my nose all night. 


Truth be told it was perfect. We are that kind of couple- easy breezy, roll with the punches, it is what it is. And it was perfect.

1 comment:

Laura Diniwilk said...

Happy anniversary! And yay, another blogger with 2 little girls (I am partial, haha) :)