Saturday, December 3, 2011

Classmate Treats

Its ALMOST time for winter break. HALLELUJAH! I need a break! And by break I mean I want to spend a week in my pajamas. I really don't think that is that much to ask for. Pretty please?

Well of course I felt the need to punish myself by thinking up something fantastic for Maddie's school friends. Maybe not fantastic BUT we made some little treats to send warm wishes to her friends.

 Even better I did it on the cheap. Candy canes were a $1 a box and so was the hot cocoa. The biggest expense was $3 for a box of Hershey Kisses. Everything else I had on hand so for $8 total I made 22 treat bags with some supplies leftover. Not bad.

 Before Maddie got home from school on Friday I prepped the little bags with craft scissors and printed and trimmed little tags to attach with ribbon.

 Awww!

 Child labor? Absolutely! Maddie filled each bag with one hot cocoa packet, a candy cane and 2 Hershey Kisses. A perfect hot cocoa treat!

 Cute!

Nothing spectacular but I think they will be a nice treat for Maddie's classmates this winter break!

3 comments:

Georgine said...

I think simple is great. It is easy to fall into the trap that if you don't spend a ton of time on it, than it's no good. You added a cute tag and Madison helped out. Perfect!

Sandy said...

Very sweet!

Heidi @ Happiness is Homemade said...

Totally cute!