Sunday, October 2, 2011

Apple Rings

Our chances for apple picking are non existent this year but that doesn't mean we can't enjoy the taste of fall! While surfing channels earlier this week I stopped on The Chew only to watch them making these adorable and yummy apple slices dipped in pancake batter. Whodathunkit? 


The most time consuming part of the whole recipe is peeling and slicing and coring the apples. Mostly because I don't have an apple corer.


I made the pancake batter the night before which made dipping super easy. The cold thick batter stuck perfectly to the apple slices. Also you can dip the apple slices in some flour or Bisquick powder to help the batter stick too.


We served up this absolutely adorable breakfast with plain ole maple syrup but I think a drizzle of caramel would be so much better. With whipped cream. And candied pecans..... I'm getting hungry again....

2 comments:

Joyful Learner said...

What a great idea! We'll have to try this!

Michelle said...

Oh my goodness we went apple picking and have a bushel of apples to use up...I am totally making these!