Sunday, October 10, 2010

Graphing M&Ms

I may have mentioned our week of rain. Yeah it totally blew. It meant a week stuck indoors with Maddie and me going crazy. You may have noticed there was no Tot School post last week, once again its because I went crazy. 

Despite the lack of post Maddie and I did still enjoy some fun school themed activities. Halfway through the week Maddie was treated to a whole bag of M&Ms... with some stipulations.

First up we had a bit of schoolwork to do first! We used a Fall M&M Tree printable (Making Learning Fun) and an M&M Candy Color Chart (A to Z Teacher Stuff) for these activities.

This was Maddie's first attempt at graphing and she did fantastic. 

 Of course our bag of M&Ms had an unusually large amount of blue M&Ms requiring a bit of modification on our chart! Oops!


The mean mom that I am, I also gave Maddie a cute tree to decorate with her M&Ms before she could gobble them up!

2 comments:

Elle Belles Bows said...

I LOVE THIS IDEA! My hubby will have fun doing this with the little one! Thanks so much for sharing! Kerri

Jamie said...

What a fun and cute idea!