Thursday, July 16, 2009

Impromptu Picnic


On a whim last night I threw our dinner into my fancy picnic basket and headed to one of our favorite parks for an impromptu picnic! Maddie was a little confused at first and was concerned that I wasn't going to feed her dinner but by the time we layed down our picnic mat she was shoe free and frolicking in the grass.

♥ Watching the clouds with daddy ♥

Grilled chicken sandwiches are the perfect picnic dinner especially with some yummy pasta salad, juicy watermelon and a bag of chips!

We hadn't been to the beach yet this year ~ there are too many visions of me losing her in a crowd or in the water that I get stressed just thinking about it to even consider going to the beach ~ so this was a wonderful evening visit for Mad.

She had a chance to search for shells and get her little piggies wet too!
Hubby and I promised that we would be headed for another picnic very soon!

4 comments:

Valerie @ Frugal Family Fun Blog said...

Looks like a really fun day! This is my first time visiting your blog... it's great! I'm now a follower. :-)

Anonymous said...

How fun! I feel the same way about taking my kids to the beach.

Georgine said...

You are so cool! What a wonderful idea. Maddie looks so happy and I love her dress. Is the beach close? Our closest "beach" (Lake Michigan) is n hour away. I wish we lived closer. Maybe for a spring trip , I'll get beach time!

Amanda said...

Georgine: The beach is very close! Hubby is in the Navy so the ocean is always near by for us, we live about five minutes from the beach.