Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Paper bag books

Last week I stumbled upon this awesome idea!

Paper Bag Books

Who knew? There is a great possibility that I am long behind the craze or (fingers crossed) I am bringing you something new!


With three paper lunch sacks you can make a totally cute scrapbook for whatever! I made one last week all about Maddie and Connecticut (where we currently reside) for her Super Summer Swap friend and it came out adorable!

So after yesterday's debacle with counting I thought it would be cute to make Mad her own number book. Before you gaze at my craftiness (which doesn't exist) be aware that I was very limited in my sticker selection this morning! Apparently Maddie has gone a little sticker crazy lately and we hardly have any left!

So with a few stickers and a couple of plain white paper bags you can make your own mini scrapbook!

Visit Scrapbooking at about.com for the play by play on exactly how to assemble your book!

Our book is made with 3 paper bags so excluding the cover and back that leaves 10 pages to design along with 3 pockets and 3 flaps. Each page I designated with a number and also wrote out the number. Then I used some crayons and stickers to decorate each page with the appropriate amount of objects.

As for the pockets I cut out squares of scrapbook paper and decorated each side with large circles to make them look like the sides of dice.

Maddie and I have thumbed through the book a few times and I hope she gets some use out of it!

5 comments:

Gidget Girl Reading said...

very cute!

Angie said...

I like it! I'll have to make one for each one of my boys!

Michelle said...

Very cute!!! Emily would really enjoy one of these. Thank you for sharing.

Unknown said...

Hey Amanda, yeah paper bag albums are not new, but they aren't too old either. It's a neat way to make something cool that's for sure! And I didn't know you live in Connecticut right now! So do I! I grew up here. Lived in Georgia for 3 years when I was a teenager and then in South Carolina for 6 months 5 years ago, but I always come back to CT, it's my home!

Izzie, Mac & Me said...

I love this idea! Thanks for sharing.