Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Homemade Mini Pinatas





Happy Cinco de Mayo!

What better way to celebrate than with homemade mini pinatas (and grilled chicken fajitas!).

Materials: glue, balloon, tissue paper



I spent Monday night watching the CBS lineup and coating balloons in glue and tissue paper! What a mess but well worth it. I decided to start the pinatas Monday night with a few coats of white tissue paper so that Maddie wouldn't have to wait so long on Tuesday.


I would say I used about four coats of glue and tissue paper for the base and then Maddie added two more coats of colored tissue paper to finish them off.

After they finished drying I popped the balloons and added a little surprise treat!


Maddie decided to use a Light Saber to break open hers!

and yes she is wearing a Fancy Nancy leotard over a lime green shirt and pink pants...she is quite the little stylist....

I have to say the wheels have been turning and I am thinking these would be absolutely adorable for birthday party favors!

No comments: