Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Meet Bubbles

Today was clean out the fridge day and I just couldn't bring myself to toss this mini egg carton into the recycling bin, although I had no idea what I was going to do with it. After cutting out the egg cups and playing with them for a bit I called Maddie into the kitchen to make a turtle!


Materials: six pack egg carton, recycled cardboard, paint, googly eyes, glue, rocks

I handed over our favorite dotters and Maddie took care of coloring in the egg carton.


I cut out the large side of a diaper box to serve as our pond for the turtle. I dabbed some blue and white paint onto the cardboard and Maddie used a sponge and then her fingers to paint the pond.


After the pond was finished we used the sponge again to add some spots to the turtle's back.

While everything was drying Maddie and I headed to the backyard to find some rocks for the pond. Maddie spent a fair amount of time picking out the perfect ones! After washing off the rocks it was time to glue them onto the pond.

And here is Maddie's new turtle friend Bubbles!

2 comments:

KJ said...

OH that is SO cute!!! I wish I had a 6 pack egg carton!

kw said...

That is the most adorable turtle craft ever!