Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The Many Uses Of....





For Earth Day I was going to list the many uses I have found for applesauce/fruit cups but then I discovered frosting containers! Oh My! Generally I don't have canned frosting in the house but with the recent holiday's I have made MANY cake bites and have actually had frosting in the house for them. I couldn't bring myself to just toss the empty containers in the recycling bin because they just seemed too perfect! So here is my ode to recyclables!

Applesauce/Fruit Cups
  • Snacks of course! Perfect for: raisins, goldfish, grapes, veggies and dip and M&M's (on those special days!)
  • Paint
  • Glue
  • Craft supplies. I use the cups to separate out different colors or materials.
  • Dipping cups. Maddie loves to dip her food with no exceptions and these cups are perfect for dip, ketchup, salad dressing and BBQ sauce!
  • Dog toy! Milo gets way too excited when he gets his paws on one of these cups!
  • Alien craft
  • Matching games/ sorting games
  • Individual cups for homemade Jello or pudding
  • Sand and water toys
Frosting Containers
  • Snacks in the car or on the go! The lids are perfect and the snacks don't get crushed!
  • Make a first aid kit! Bandages, tweezers and antibiotic ointment would fit perfectly in one of these!
  • Storing crayons/ markers
  • Popsicle drip tray
  • Paint palette
  • Storing craft supplies
  • A treasure box! We haven't made one yet but some glue and a little imagination can go a long way in decorating a new home for all those oh so important do-dads that little ones find!
If you have any great ideas for my abundant supply of containers please pass them along!


Happy Earth Day!

2 comments:

Bran said...

The popcicle lid holder is a GREAT idea!! I practically have to hose Lyssy off every time she eats a popcicle.

Ally said...

Thanks for all these great ideas! We have an ever growing collection of applesauce and yogurt cups. I'll be sure to add the frosting containers to our stash too!