Sunday, February 1, 2009

Applesauce Cup Alien

Michelle at Her Cup Overfloweth is looking for ideas for yogurt cups so I figured I could post the alien Maddie and I made a few weeks ago with applesauce cups.

I didn't take pictures of the process or the materials but I do have a picture of the finished product:


Materials: 2 applesauce/fruit/yogurt cups, cardstock, googly eyes, paint, pipe cleaner and anything else to decorate!

I used super glue to attach the two cups before we started the project. Maddie chose some cardstock to color for feet. When she was done coloring the feet I set her up with some paint (in another applesauce cup!) to paint her alien. While she painted I cut out the feet and doubled up on the cardstock so they were a little thicker. After painting the boring part - drying. Maddie wanted her alien to sound like Holly the Reindeer (Super Sleuth Christmas) so we added some Christmas bells to the pipe cleaner. Hubby drilled a tiny hole on top of the alien to stick the pipe cleaner in and we topped it with a little more glue. Maddie thought that her alien needed neon color pom poms so that's what we glued on! Googly eyes are always a must too!

Now we have a beautiful blue space alien perched on top of our television.

2 comments:

Be Brave, Keep Going said...

seroiusly...so cute!!!

Coast Parents said...

What kind of paint did you use for the alien's blue body? Thanks!