Monday, September 12, 2011

Breakfast Noms

Now that Maddie is in school our mornings have become a bit more fast paced.

The alarm on my phone goes off at 7am- I swear under my breath, consider tossing my phone out the window and then begrudgingly get out of bed. I am not a morning person.

Then we are on a race against the clock to get everyone reasonably dressed, washed and fed before we have to head to the school. To make things easier on myself I have begun stocking the freezer with quick and easy breakfasts - waffles and pancakes. Well tis the season for pumpkin and I have fallen in love with the most deeeeelicious pumpkin waffles.


I have to admit I haven't followed the recipe EXACTLY yet. I have made a few changes here and there but nothing major.

My edits: I generally make a double batch which means I am 1oz short on pumpkin if I use a regular size can- no biggie, they still taste delicious. I use 1% milk instead of whole and oddly enough I do not have all the spices the original recipe calls for so I just sub in some generic pumpkin pie spice. Still delicious.

I end up making a double batch of these waffles because they are soooo yummy. I let them cool completely on some wire racks then stack them between wax paper in the freezer. Once nice and solid I stack them in Ziploc freezer bags and we are ready for the morning! 

You have to try this recipe, I promise they taste just like fall!

No comments: