Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Inspired Art

MOOOOOOOM I'm BORED. 

I hear that way too many times. 
I am feeling the need to banish the word bored from our house.
It's an evil word. 

Surprise, surprise Bored was Madison's word of the day yesterday but I had a reply this time. Well besides the usual "I guess we might as well toss all your toys then if you are sooooo bored". I stumbled upon the cutest and easiest kiddo friendly project on Pinterest a few weeks ago and quickly grabbed the materials from the closet to combat Little Miss Bored. 


Really this couldn't be any easier I grabbed an unused pencil from the craft closet, along with a stamp pad and some small pieces of cardstock. 

 Maddie was set for an hour or so making her own designs.

 I have to admit I enjoyed doing some cool designs too. Its a very calming technique which I have definitely needed lately!

Maddie loved her finished work and cut to size these would make great postcards to send too!

5 comments:

Sandy said...

Gosh, I wish we could banish the word bored as well! Thanks for sharing this idea. I love easy projects!

Christy Killoran said...

I'm going to try this today!!!

Suzanne said...

Those WOULD make great postcards! Or make 6 of them and frame them in 2 rows - it would look like modern art :)

Cassie said...

That is a really cute idea. I wonder if I could make it into some kind of nursery art.

Alia said...

Hi!

I am your follower!
I really liked this idea...its super cute!
I love your Blog.
Keep up the good work!

Do visit my blog too and follow it if you like it!

God Bless!

Alia
http://aliascreativelife.blogspot.com/