Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Cranberry Pistachio White Chocolate Biscotti

Since we have moved down to Virginia my regularly scheduled baking has severely declined. Without having friends and family close by to deliver all the goodies to I have refrained from baking and then eating all of the sugary delights. Biscotti has been on my mind though. Usually the only time I even have it is when my mom whips up a batch of her holiday biscotti for Christmas that I LOVE and eat copious amounts of but I have been dreaming about it lately and NEEDED to make some. I used the Chocolate Chip Biscotti recipe from Tasty Kitchen as my base and went to town with my personal flavor choices.


Cranberry Pistachio White Chocolate Biscotti
  • 1 cup sugar in the raw (only because I had some in the house and figured why not)
  • 1-¾ cup flour
  • ½ teaspoons baking powder
  • ½ teaspoons salt
  • 4 Tablespoons butter, cold
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 whole eggs
  • 1/3 cup chopped pistachios
  • 1/3 cup chopped white chocolate
  • 1/3 cup chopped dried cranberries
  • 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest

Preheat oven to 350°F. In a mixer, combine sugar, flour, baking powder and salt, and mix well. Add the butter and vanilla and mix until the mixture resembles coarse meal.


Beat the eggs lightly and add to the dough until evenly moistened. Fold in the chopped pistachios, cranberries, white chocolate and lemon zest until well incorporated.


Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Form two 8″ long x 4″ wide logs on the baking sheet.
Bake until dough sets, about 30 minutes.


Cut dough into 1/2-inch slices; place cut side down on the baking sheet and bake for an additional 20 minutes at a reduced oven temperature of 275 degrees. 


Cool on wire racks.


Now I could be generous and offer for Brandon to bring some of these tasty treats to work but I am not going to be. He should be lucky I am not hiding them from him.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

mmm..looks yummy!! If I lived closer I would have to come try one out with my coffee :)have a great week!

Unknown said...

Just so you know in advance....so there is plenty of time....I will be coming for a visit some time in April. I expect on of those (maybe two) biscotti's. I'll bring the white chocolate!