Thursday, December 2, 2010

Handmade Christmas


 I have seen this craft everywhere! Granted it was months ago but still. In my defense I have had the materials sitting around the house for months but Maddie and I didn't have a chance to work on them until this past weekend. Oops!

Armed with a giant pile of tissue paper squares, some square kitchen tiles and ModPodge Maddie went wild designing some one of a kind coasters for some lucky family members.

Miss Maddie was very intent on her designs!


I love how the coasters came out and Maddie can't wait to gift them to a few special someones!

Our crafting has been dwindling lately but I promise once the holidays are over and I am through the first trimester we will be back!

5 comments:

Christy said...

She did a great job! My kids made those for Dad and Grandpa for Father's Day and they were very well received. Our only problem is that after all these months, when cups/glasses are wet with condensation on the outside, they stick to the tiles.

Day 2 Day Living said...

Those are so cute, and somebody is going to love them. Handmade gifts are often the best.

Morgan said...

She did a fantastic job!! I saw another way to make coasters out of tiles. You just paint the tops with acrylic paint and use a wood grain tool to make a really neat effect.

Mama B said...

I love this!!! Where did you get the tiles?

Kim @ Life of a Modern Mom said...

These turned out great! I love the idea to use tissue paper squares.