Thursday, October 7, 2010

Fabric De-Stash: Headbands

I always do a little happy dance when I think of something great to do with the giant pile of fabric scraps I have! Headbands certainly are nothing new but I did do mine a bit different this time.
After I bought a package of thin headbands I started brainstorming what I wanted to pretty them up with.... I had too much fabric and too many ideas for the amount of headbands I bought. So instead of simply gluing on my embellishments I sewed a little pocket to the back of each one. Now I can mix and match until my hearts content. This way I don't feel so bad when I decide I don't like a certain one either! Or if a little someone accidentally breaks one of the headbands all my hard work isn't for nothing either because we can just switch it to another headband. Genius, I know!

I ended up making a variety of flowers

and ruffles this time around. I am sure I will be making some seasonally appropriate ones soon enough too!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

cute!!! Can I be your daughter ;-)

Together We Save said...

Very cute! I am so jealous of crafty people!

Michelle said...

How much fun!!

Suzanne said...

SO CUTE. I WANT THEM ALL. PLEASE SELL THESE IMMEDIATELY.

Liz Mays said...

What cute little additions to punch up an outfit!!!!

Mama Chocolate said...

Very pretty!
I'm a new follower here on your blog!
I'd love it if you came and followed me back!
childrenchoresandchocolate.blogspot.com

Heidi @ Happiness is Homemade said...

Amanda, I love, love, LOVE the ruffles! SO super cute! :)