Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Red, White & Blue Swirls

Remember those tye-dye-riffic cookies we made... LAST YEAR. Well it was time to break out the recipe again but go for a bit more of a patriotic look.

Can I state for the record I LOVE the 4th of July. Sure maybe it has a lot to due with my birthday being the 2nd and possibly me thinking for my entire childhood that the parades and fireworks were in my honor. Whatever. But I do truly love red, white and blue. So pretty. So festive. I ♥ it!

Okay back to the cookies. This time Madison was much more involved and excited to be working in the kitchen with mommy.

She added ingredients.

She colored the dough.

She stacked it all in the fridge.

And then she chose to do nothing until the cookies were ready to eat. So I rolled the balls.

And formed the cookies.

Miss Maddie came back for the eating part.

You can find the original recipe at The Secret is in the Sauce.

No comments: