Saturday, April 10, 2010

Flutterflys

The beautiful weather has been so odd here in Connecticut but I have to admit I am really enjoying it. The other day during one of our evening walks we saw the cutest, teeniest, tiniest little butterfly. Of course no camera with me at the time but I figured it was time to breakout the coffee filters to make a few butterflies of our own.

We used coffee filters and our favorite dotters for this project.

Madison decorated a few coffee filters as she saw fit.

After the artist was pleased we grabbed our handy dandy little spray bottle and spritzed the filters. I layed the filters on a cookies cooling rack to dry.

Finished off with a matching pipe cleaner and they were ready for flight!

With a bit of hot glue and a few magnets you could easily make some cute new magnets with these!

3 comments:

Christy Killoran said...

Very cute!

Laura said...

I REALLY want to make these. Just wish I had a better stocked craft cabinet.

Anonymous said...

aww they turned out super cute!!