Tuesday, January 26, 2010

My baby is a big girl now

That's right, as of 20 minutes ago my little tiny baby girl walked into her preschool classroom. There was no second glance back at mommy. No I will miss you! No please don't leave me mommy! Nope. Nada. None. Zilch.

She waved goodbye and began introducing herself to her new friends. "Hi! My name is Madison, who are you?"

Last night before bed we had Madison pick out school clothes for the morning and explained that I would like her to get dressed when she wakes up before she comes and wakes me up. About half an hour after we put her to bed she yelled down the stairs that she was ready for school. That's right she was already dressed- at 7:30pm the night BEFORE school.

Oh my. So of course we had her change back in to her pajamas to actually go to sleep. She ended up around 5:30 this morning and screamed from her room that it was time for school and she was going to get dressed.

Can you tell she was a little excited?

So now I get to spend 2 1/2 hours at the local McDonald's that has free WiFi and yummy coffee. Tuesdays and Thursdays will now be dedicated to getting blog posts up and scheduled. Or maybe I could just go to my mom's and take a nap. We will see!

7 comments:

Christy Killoran said...

Hooray for both of you! I hope it continues to go well.

Tiff said...

Cute! It's such a relief when they actually LIKE being away from us mommies . . . it would be so much harder had she been screaming and crying because she didn't want to go. On the other side, it's harder on us that they want to grow up so quickly. Enjoy your free time!!!

Our Little Family said...

What a smooth transition!!! She looks (and sounds!) so happy and excited! Let us know what she tells you about the day!

Oh, and ENJOY your time! :)

Jamie said...

I am so happy that she was excited and stayed excited! I am sure that made it a lot easier on both of you.

Yay for some free mommy time!

Jamie said...

Oh, and as always, she looks adorable!

Fiona said...

aw that's great! She sounds very confident. My 3 year old just started pre school and is a bit shy but I think she enjoys it!

Laura said...

So glad that her first day of preschool went well. :o) I'm sure she'll have a blast and it'll be nice to have some "mommy" time too. Enjoy!