Thursday, June 11, 2009

Potato Perfection

Absolute bliss.

My FAVORITE pizza place ever is a local place called the Recovery Room and they specialize in gourmet pizza's that are to die for! My personal favorites include:

Ed's BBQ Chicken ~ A sprinkle of fresh garlic & onion, cheddar cheese, bacon, chunks of chicken breast all topped with an unbelievable BBQ sauce.

and

The Sicilian ~ Crushed plum tomatoes combined with eggplant, black olives, red & yellow peppers with a mix of Romano, Parmesan and Mozzarella cheeses.

Oh I may start drooling....

So anyways the Recovery Room's claim to fame is the Baked Potato pizza which I have always been very hesitant to order because why wreck a good thing? Right?

Well pizza was on the menu tonight and I was feeling adventurous so this is what I came up with!

Amanda's Baked Potato Pizza


pizza dough~ your choice, I use whole wheat dough from the local grocery store
1/2 cup-ish sour cream
2 tbs-ish ranch dressing
5 slices of bacon~ crisped and crumbled
3 small white potatoes
1 tbs melted butter
3 cloves of roasted garlic (toss peeled garlic cloves in foil with a drizzle of olive oil and bake at 400F till mushy and delicious!)
shredded cheddar and mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup-ish sliced red onions
chives for garnish

1. Either bake our microwave your potatoes until tender but not mushy. Dice up into 1/4-inch size pieces and set aside to cool.
2. Pre-bake your pizza dough for about 5 minutes at 400F to get a browned crust started. My dough bubbled up a bit but a few fork stabs took care of that!
3. Combine melted butter and roasted garlic.
4. Toss cooled potatoes in the garlic butter.
5. Combine the sour cream and ranch dressing then spread onto the browned pizza dough.
6. Top pizza with potatoes, followed by the cheeses, bacon and red onions.
7. Bake at 400F until brown and bubbly!
8. Top with chives and serve! Hubby liked topping his with a bit more sour cream.

*Yes my measurements have a lot of -ish to them but this was the first time I have made something like this and pizza is such an open ended meal that you can adjust everything as you like!

I am thinking I may have to try the Baked Potato pizza at the Recovery Room now!

1 comment:

Gidget Girl Reading said...

we love baked potato pizza!