Monday, May 11, 2009

Muffin Tin Monday!

It's Monday, time for Muffin Tin Monday! Today's Theme is Children's Literature and Maddie chose the book Fancy Nancy Big Book by Jane O'Connor for today's book. So without further adieu (yes I will be french and fancy!) the rest of this post shall be in fuchsia (fancy for purple!) just for Nancy!

This morning Maddie chose her fanciest outfit ~ leggings with a glittery mermaid shirt, tutu, glitter shoes and lots of accessories!


For our project today I cut flower shapes (using a cookies cutter) out of foam for Maddie to decorate with foam and paint and glitter. After the flowers dried we glued them to a large popsicle stick and also stuck in a few pieces of ribbon to make it a bit more fancy!


Voila! A fancy flower wand!


I also printed some Fancy Nancy coloring pages to keep Maddie busy while I made lunch.

I had a feeling Maddie was going to choose Fancy Nancy as her book for the day so I prepared a few little food picks for her lunch. I added some frilly ribbon to a tooth pick for one, then I decorate a small crown for The King's Crown and I also made a little 'Go Team!' pennant for Nancy's soccer team.


Top: strawberry yogurt topped with glittery sprinkles, crudites (celery and dip), jeweled fruit (jell-o with mixed fruit)
Bottom: crackers with peanut butter/raisin/m&m flowers, pepperoni and cheese butterfly sandwiches, strawberry parfait from the King's Crown

Of course the ice cream sundae was Maddie's favorite!


We finished up our morning with reading Fancy Nancy with Fancy Nancy in bed before nap time!

9 comments:

Gidget Girl Reading said...

what a fancy day! my LO got a fancy nancy purse and dress up set for her bday! :)

Be Brave, Keep Going said...

ack! you even made celery look fancy and that's hard to do!!

I absolutely love your tin! Well done Amanda!

sarah in the woods said...

Aaah! Cute.

Angie said...

I absolutely love it!

Ally said...

Never heard of Fancy Nancy before this post, sounds fun and girly! =)

Val in the Rose Garden said...

I love your tin! (We love Fancy Nancy in this house too... Along with Olivia and Just Grace they are some of the ones we have read over and over.) Did you use some sort of tiny mold for that jeweled jello? That is really cute! I love the rasin flower too. :)

Val

Lynn said...

Aww, so much love went into that lunch. You're obviously a great mom!

UtahJenny said...

Fancy Schmancy ... that was awesome ... the craft was great, too - glad you share all your ideas!

Danielle said...

What a great muffin tin theme! Love it!