Sunday, March 15, 2009

Yummy!

The third Saturday in March is Maple Syrup Saturday which falls on March 21st this year. I thought I would share with you one of our favorite Maple Syrup dinner recipes in time for next weekend!

I found these Maple Jack Pork Chops in Sandra Lee's Semi-Homemade Slow Cooker Cook Book #3. My hubby happens to be a Jack and Coke kind of guy so we generally have Jack Daniel's in the house. I on the other hand can't even stand the smell of Jack Daniels yet I LOVE these pork chops, so don't be thrown back by the whiskey! These are DELICIOUS!



Ingredients
1 large onion, peeled and sliced
4 thick-cut boneless pork chops, rinsed and patted dry
salt and pepper
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
1/4 cup Jack Daniels Whiskey
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard


Place onions in bottom of 4-5 quart slow cookers.
Season pork chops with salt and pepper.
In a small bowl whisk together maple syrup, whiskey and mustard.
Dip each pork chop into the syrup mixture and place in slow cooker on top of the onions.
Pour remaining syrup mixture over the pork chops. Cover and cook on LOW setting for 4-5 hours.

Serves 4.

No comments: