Monday, March 16, 2009

Handprint Rainbow


Maddie loves doing any project that requires tracing hands (she asked me to trace her elbow today) so I thought we could make a great rainbow and pot o' gold out of her hands for St. Patty's Day!


Let me just state for the many of you that have asked how on earth I manage to trace a two year old's hands that I really don't! I sort of get a bit of an outline that looks like this and then make it look like a hand of a child and not of some strange alien creature.


I traced Maddie's hand on a variety of colored cardstock and then provided paint dotters for each hand.


Maddie took care of coloring all the hands.


I took care of making the pot of gold. I traced a circle on black for the pot and then punched out yellow circles for the gold. After I added a little gold and black glitter for a little sparkle!


Happy Saint Patrick's Day!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Emily loves had tracing too! We might have to try this tomorrow if we have time. Otherwise I am filing it away for next year. Great idea!!!