Friday, February 27, 2009

Deviled Eggs NOT on Easter. What?

Exactly! I am a New England girl through and through, my husband on the other hand is from Texas. I was raised to only eat deviled eggs on Easter, maybe you think I am crazy but that was the only time we ate them.

Then I met my husband and my New England holidays were turned upside down! He talks so fondly of these enormous buffet tables over filling with a mish-mash of random yummy foods. Talk about a surprise when my husband sat down at his first holiday family meal with my family. It was Easter and the table was set with what I thought were the usuals; ham, mashed potatoes, carrots, asparagus, pineapple, crescent rolls and deviled eggs. No turkey, no baked mac n cheese, no baked beans, no potato salad not even a speck of corn and forget about a smoked brisket! Even after five years together I have yet to sit down at one of these infamous Southern meals but I may have finally budged on the fact that deviled eggs are only served at Easter.

Our menu for tonight is ham and asparagus so figured I would surprise hubby with his favorite deviled eggs for a pre-dinner snack.

Over the past few years I have been so lovingly been gifted with the task of making deviled eggs for Easter so I have scrounged the web for the best recipe. My favorite by far is Martha Stewart's Herbed Deviled Eggs. I hope you enjoy!

2 comments:

Treasures By Brenda said...

Deviled eggs I would never have had at Easter although I would not object! I think of them primarily as a summertime buffet item.

You can read about my Easter Dinner Menu at http://www.squidoo.com/easter-dinner-menu . It is less eclectic than your husband's.

Brenda

Amanda said...

Funny enough I don't think they belong on a summertime buffet! haha It's the whole eggs and mayonnaise on a hot day that kind of freaks me out!