Saturday, July 2, 2011

27 Bits of Randomness on my 27th Birthday

Happy Birthday to me!

1. My middle name is Rose and I hate roses.

2. On another note daisies top my favorite flower list.

3. When Brandon is out to sea I fall asleep every.single.night watching Big Daddy with Adam Sandler.

4. I hated coffee until we moved to Washington, now I am addicted. 9 months with minimal caffeine was difficult for me.

5. Until about 8 years ago I hated the color pink. Now I ♥ it very much. My engagement ring even has pink sapphires on it.

6. I haven't worn a pair of high heels in the past 5 years. I don't think I would even know how to walk in them anymore.

7. My mom never taught me how to wear makeup. Thus I am blaming her for my lack of skills in that department and the reason I never wear any makeup. If I do I either look like a clown or a hooker. Neither a good look on me.

8. Not using spell check is my biggest pet peeve. I am not perfect and certainly don't claim to be but good lord I know how to press the spell check button!!! Use it!

9. I hate when people use a Z instead of S at the end of words. Got it peepz?

10. The word peeps bothers me too even though I do occasionally use it. Unless you are referring to the marshmallow ones. I like those.

11. I over use exclamation points. I don't mind. I hope you don't either.

12. I am really bad at remembering what year I got married. I got the date down but the year always escapes me.

13. My lack of a big fluffy white wedding doesn't bother me at all. Maddie on the other hand hates that I didn't wear a white dress, have a big cake and the fact that she wasn't there. Bummer kiddo.

14. I have an awesome husband that makes me a homemade red velvet cake every year for my birthday. Yeah he rocks. This year is red velvet cheesecake brownies, yum!

15. I am obsessed with the Lego video games series. I have played them all. Sad I know!

16. Peanut butter is my obsessions. Throw a little chocolate in with the peanut butter and I am a girl in paradise.

17. I may love peanut butter but my FAVORITE candy has to be salt water taffy. I love that ewwy goey stuck to your teeth stuff. Even better if I can find a candy shop with barrels full so I can pick my own flavors.

18. I hate getting dressed up. Dresses are not my thing. I prefer a nice comfy pair of jeans and a simple top.

19. Speaking of clothes I hardly ever wear prints, solid colors are my friend. And apparently I am a very boring dresser!

20. I tend to mock and refuse to watch certain shows and then get sucked in. Ahem Battlestar Galactica and Glee I am looking at you two. 

21. I am not much of a morning person or a late night person for that matter. I like my sleepy time very much.

22. I LOVE baking. Cooking I could do without but baking is a passion.

23. I really don't think I could ever go back to reading regular books. My Kindle is like my cell phone, it goes EVERYWHERE with me.

24. Brandon and I dated for about a week and a half before I moved in with him. We dated for 6 months before he proposed and then 4 months later we got married. I knew what I wanted!

25. My favorite restaurant is Caffe NV in Connecticut. They have the most amazing goat cheese appetizer ever. Now I really want some....

26. It took me a very long time to accept that I have curly hair and that's just the way it is. I like it now. Well I do on most days.

27. When I was younger I used to think the 4th of July fireworks and parades were in honor of my birthday. My bad!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! I love cooking baking I could do without, way to messy! Have an amazing day.

Sandy said...

Happy Birthday! I totally understand the curly hair thing! Growing up, I hated mine and now I love it! (oh yeah, I overuse exclamation points too!!!)

Christy Killoran said...

Happy Birthday! I love this post. We have quite a few things in common - especially the makeup issue and the wedding year. My husband and I got married in Las Vegas (we planned it months ahead of time, so it wasn't the typical Vegas wedding) and I didn't wear a white dress or have a big fancy cake either. Maybe the fact that we did not go gaga over our wedding is why I can't remember the year??? Enjoy your delicious birthday treat!

My favorite restaurant is Cafe Nuovo in Providence. If you haven't been there, you will have to try it next time you are in the CT area. I love it! I wrote down your favorite for future reference.