Monday, January 10, 2011

Muffin Tin Monday

My, oh my has it been a very long time since we have enjoyed a Muffin Tin Monday meal! Despite being Madison's not best mom ever today (room cleaning day!) I thought it would be a nice break for her to have a special lunch. Today's theme was muffin tin liners so that definitely made this super easy for me! 

On the menu today: Tomato surprise, yogurt parfait (vanilla yogurt, frozen blueberries & Cheerios), half a toast cinnamon raisin bagel thin with peanut butter and a clementine.

If you have a Disney child like me chances are you know who Ze Fronk is and maybe have even tested out a recipe or two of his with your little one. Maddie has been pleading with me to make her tomato surprise for a few days now so of course I felt a bit nice and went for it. The original recipe calls for cottage cheese but we are not a cottage cheese family so I subbed in some cream cheese instead. I used a paring knife to slice the top off of a few cherry tomatoes and then squeezed out the seeds and scraped a bit to make room for the cheese that I piped in with a plastic baggie. A hit of course for a tomato loving child!

Stop by Muffin Tin Mom's and check out some other great muffin tin meals!

12 comments:

Sandy said...

We love Ze Fronk!

Lunch looks great! Maybe if I get my act together today, I'll actually make one too. lol!

Suzanne said...

Ooooo I bet I could get Little Evan to eat tomatoes if they had cheese in them. I'm going to try it!

Anonymous said...

yum! I bet she will love it!! Sammy would love to come over for lunch! He loves everything you have on that plate!

Christy Killoran said...

My daughter would love that lunch!!

Lisa said...

Those tomatoes look so good!!

pink and green mama MaryLea said...

Ze Tomatoes look Ze yummiest!!

Great Job Amanda, I need to get you over here to make exiting lunches for my girls!
: )

lisa9999 said...

Great lunch. My middle son would love those tomatoes.

Unknown said...

JDaniel would love the tomatoes with cottage cheese. They look like flowers. Maybe I can borrow your ideas for a flower themed tin.

SnoopyGirl said...

Yummy looking lunch. I must go find out who Ze Fronk is. Happy Monday!

Ludicrous Mama said...

The tomatoes almost look like toadstools! And they sound yummy! I'd use cream cheese too (for the same reasons!) What a fun lunch!

Anonymous said...

Great lunch. I think cream cheese sounds better with tomatoes. We'll have to try these.

Come Play With Us said...

yum to the tomato surprise!
I think I might try something similar with raspberries and cream cheese/powdered sugar filling. MMMM!