Monday, August 23, 2010

Muffin Tin Monday

Muffin Tin Monday at Her Cup Overfloweth

I tried.
I really thought I was on top of my game this week. I did Muffin Tin Monday last night for dinner just so that I would be prepared for today. Nope. Fail.

I thought we were still doing a No Theme week but no there was a theme {A,B,C's} and our muffin tin meal has nothing to do with it.

On a brighter note though I have a great recipe to share with you!


Last night we had Pampered Chef's Taco Ring* for dinner. Super yummy and super easy. Maddie used to be a GREAT eater. It didn't matter what I put in front of her she ate it. Well not so much anymore. BUT if I am serving Mexican food {any kind. Tacos, fajitas, burritos, enchiladas} she is a happy kid. She will gobble her weight in refried beans!

*Recipe Notes:
-The recipe calls for 1/2 lb ground beef- sometimes I use ground turkey, just depends what I have. I also usually use a whole pound. This way it sorta cuts down on the amount of crescent rolls per serving.
- I don't get all fancy with the cutout pepper but instead serve all of our favorite taco toppings on the side. {Lettuce, tomatoes, onions, olives and sour cream}
- Delish as leftovers! Hubby brought some to work today and it heats up just fine in the microwave. I usually pack him a chunk of the ring in one container and then all the toppings in another.

Now be sure to stop by Muffin Tin Mom's and see some other great 'themed' muffin tin meals!

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Yummy...we love pampered chef and Emily loves all things Mexican food too. I am always amazed at how she scarfs down tacos, chili and Mexican pizzas! We will have to give this a try :0)

Anonymous said...

This looks so good! Thanks for the recipe. I love the idea of using muffin tins for toppings.

Anonymous said...

ooo love this recipe! Looks delicious!

Jamie said...

That looks SO good!!! We're definitely going to have to try it!

Unknown said...

I wish I had dinner at your house. The meal looks wonderful.

Alison said...

Oh, that sounds sooo yummy! I feel hungry now :(

~LKB said...

That looks so yummy! I want some now! Great muffin tin meal!