Saturday, June 12, 2010

Paper Towel Art

Maddie had her big dance recital last week and she did wonderfully! Of course we had to get her flowers for her big performance along with every other family member that attended! She ended up with a huge bouquet in her room but we also ended up with a few floral tubes...

hmm... what to do? What to do?

I while back I saw a post about turning floral tubes into paint dotters and thought that would be perfect! If it was on your blog please let me know, I would love to give you credit!

Materials: floral tubes, food coloring, paper towels, cookie sheet/tray

Add a few drops of food coloring to the tubes and fill them up with water.

Time to let the kiddo loose! Madison had a great time dotting away on the paper towels. She loved watching the colors mix together and make cool designs.

I set the paper towels out on cookie racks to dry and we ended up with these great tie dye effects!

We did this project inside but I think it would be fabulous OUTDOOR project...you know so there aren't any food coloring stains on your table...



No comments: