Thursday, April 1, 2010

Spring Science

Madison has been fighting off a cold this week AND we had some crazy weather so we spent most of the week at home doing a whole lot of nothing. I was able to entice Madison away from her blanket and Disney movies long enough to do a little Spring Science in the kitchen though!

We used the directions on suite101.com to make Geode Easter Eggs!

Or eggs are still in the process of forming so I don't have any finished product pictures yet although I will say it may have been more about the process than the results ~ we'll see.

May I suggest that you prep the eggshells BEFORE the project ~ like the night before when the kiddo(s) are fast asleep or you may have to break out the hair dryer to speed along the process. Not that I had to do that or anything.....

We ended up using Epsom Salt, Table Salt, Cream of Tartar and Baking Soda for our experiment.

Madison loved mixing the materials and adding the dye!

Stay tuned to see how the project turns out!

2 comments:

Christy Killoran said...

Very cool! I have never seen this experiment.

Anonymous said...

cool.. can't wait to see what they look like!