Tuesday, February 23, 2010

On the road again....

In the past month or so Madison's schedule has become a bit crowded and we have been spending considerably more time in the car. Of course more car time means more whining from the backseat which usually means I hear "Mooommmmm I'm hunnngggrryyy! Mommmmmm I'm thiiiirrrrsstttyyy!" before we even get to the end of our street. Instead of stopping at McDonald's for apple dippers and milk every time we get in the car I packed a small bin to keep on hand.

Currently the bin holds some juice pouches, lollipops, pretzels, granola bars, teddy grahams and a few fruit snacks. I also threw in a few plastic shopping bags to help collect trash and some napkins. Basically I raided the snack cabinet and threw a little of this and that in. I would like to pick up some small bottle of water too but I haven't made it to the store yet.

The bin has really helped during our daily trips though. All of Madison's classes tend to end right around lunch time and of course she is starving on the car ride home but not anymore!

*** I also wanted to post that Madison made another art display this weekend with her name! She has been painting up a storm lately and has more shapes that need to be mounted too!***

3 comments:

Christina said...

I love the art displays you've made. They look pretty easy to do, too. Great idea for the bin in the car for little snacks and drinks and stuff.

Laura said...

Love the idea of bringing snacks & drinks along. I usually only think to do it when we're traveling, not for every day stuff.
The art work is so cute and I love how you have it displayed.

Goose and Bug said...

First off, I LOVE your blog. It was the first one I followed and I think you do an amazing job on it!

The snack bin is a great idea. I am going to have to do it for our car because with a 3 and a 4 year old, I get a lot of nagging, too!

Another idea is, we have a small wicker box, about the size of a shoebox, that I fill up with books and small toys that I keep in between their car seats. Instead of having to stop and turn around to hand them things, they just reach in and grab something. It has made my life SO much easier! Every few weeks I change the books out and it's new all over to them.