Sunday, February 28, 2010

Chowda!!!!

Yesterday we finally escaped the house ~ hurray for no rain!!!

We headed out to Olde Mistick Village for the Cabin Fever Chowder Festival! It was so nice to finally get outside after a week of rain. Blech. Madison had a chance to visit with and feed the ducks ~ her absolute favorite part of heading to Mystic!

Then with map and tickets in hand we wandered around the village browsing shops and tasting chowder!

Blue balloons means WE HAVE CHOWDER! The Cabin Fever Festival is a wonderful break in the winter blues with a chance to browse shops and taste chowder from area restaurants. The festival is also a wonderful way for our community to raise money for our local food bank too!

We L♥VE Chowder!

We had Rhode Island chowder, New England chowder, seafood chowder, corn chowder, chicken chowder. Pretty much any and all chowder! It seemed the big thing this year was sweet potatoes! About 50 percent of the chowders we tasted had sweet potatoes. Not bad!

We were rather surprised to see Madison willingly trying almost all of the chowder's too!



7 comments:

Amy said...

I am so jealous! I'm sorry we weren't able to go. It actually snowed up here all day. I'm glad you had fun, and I'm glad Mad's becoming a chowda-head too!

Anonymous said...

How fun and yummy!

Our Little Family said...

How fun!! What a great outing, too. I'm embarrassed to admit that I've never had chowder before!

Jacksmom726 said...

Awww, I forgot all about the Chowder Festival! We were just at the Village the other day too. Mmmmm, I can just about taste some yummy chowder...now I want some! :)

Michelle said...

Sounds like so much fun!!!

Tiff said...

That is the coolest idea and sounded like so much fun!

Laura said...

My aunt lives in Fairfield and whenever we would visit her (we lived in MI when I was young), Mystic was a frequent stop. I have wonderful memories from there! I love me some chowder too! :o)