Monday, December 7, 2009

Rockin' around the Christmas tree


This wasn't one of our planned crafts for the month but I got a little inspired in the craft closet and this is what we came up with!

Materials: green and brown foam, glue, sequins, scissors, hole punch & zip ties*

*zip ties are not really necessary you could always use ribbon or some other material to tie the pieces together but we generally have an overflowing abundance of zip ties in our house so I figured they would work perfectly for this project!*

I found the one and only large piece of green foam I had and cut a good size triangle out of it. Then I cut the triangle in thirds. I also used the brown foam to make a tree trunk.

Next up I handed Madison a bowl of sequins and a small bottle of glue - I cooked dinner and she crafted!

After everything dried I used the zip ties to fasten all of the parts back together again. I love how this tree came out and I think it looks very cute in the lime green color!

4 comments:

Our Little Family said...

It looks GREAT! I love the zip ties. Maddie and I made snowmen and used jump rings (from my beading stuff) and they were a PAIN in the neck.

The tree looks great!!

Christina said...

It is a wonderful tree! Great idea.

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Really cute - those sequins add just the right touch. Maddie is a patient girl - I just can't see my daughter gluing so many tiny pieces in :)

Katie said...

This IS GREAT. I love the movement it has.