Friday, November 13, 2009

A snowy Christmas....gift

Fair warning right now:

If you are on my Christmas shopping list look no further unless you want to see what Madison and I made you for Christmas. If you can't resist and look...well act surprised anyways!





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have a huge Christmas shopping list and generally I like to just make a gift for each family to keep things a little simpler for me. This year I was set on making some snowmen out of keystone pavers and let me tell you I am stubborn!

I had to search EVERYWHERE for the silly pavers but in the end it worked out well and on a budget. I ended up spending about $40 on materials to make 18 gifts! Better yet Madison and I had an activity to do together for about two weeks!

Materials: White acrylic paint, 1/4 yard fleece, sparkly pipe cleaners, 1 1/2 inch pompoms, assorted black buttons and orange puffy paint

By far the most time consuming part was the painting. Madison helped A LOT and we did two coats on each paver.

For packaging I opted for the quick and easy tissue paper method! I was also lucky enough to win some personalized holiday gift tags from the Good Day Designs Shop that matched perfectly with the theme!

Thanks again Teresa!

Hurray for Christmas shopping/crafting/wrapping being done at my house!

8 comments:

Christina said...

OMG, SO cute! I absolutely love it. I'm going to have to keep an eye out at the NEX to see if they have the materials to make this. It wouldn't really work to send to people back in the states, but I'd love a few to line our walkway. Again, fabulous idea!

Sherry said...

Those snowmen is supercute! I love the idea, we also make gifts bc we have a huge family, I still dont know what to make yet, I am running behind! Maybe I will steal this idea :)

Annette W. said...

Wow, they are cute and durable! I liked your warning for the family!

Jamie said...

Aww! Those are so cute!

Teresa said...

These turned out GREAT! I've committed to giving all things handmade this year, so I appreciate the effort you've put in to these! And, of course, thanks for the shout out for the tags! They match great!

Our Little Family said...

Oh, those turned out SO cute!! Man, you're on a ROLL!!

I really would love to make some of these with my Maddie!

Izzie, Mac & Me said...

This turned out so cute! Thanks for linking up...looks like you've been busy making a ton of homemade gifts! I can't wait to see more!

P.S. I love the idea of an annual scrapbook. I started with a small b/c I wasn't sure of the quality, but I'm very pleased. Have you tried Blurb, yet? Their prices look more affordable for a large scrapbook?

Anonymous said...

The information here is great. I will invite my friends here.

Thanks