Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Cup full of apples

This may be my favorite fall decoration so far!

Materials: egg carton, red paint*, masking tape, green foam, brown pipe cleaners
*yes I know the picture shows orange paint. The original plan was to make pumpkins but we swapped it out last minute for red paint to make apples!

Am I the only one we hates cutting out egg cartons? Anyways after cutting out all of the egg cups tape two together with masking tape to form an apple.

Maddie spent a good hour or so painting all of the apples. I ♥ washable paint, that stuff was everywhere!

The finishing touches: I used some decorative scissors to cut leaves out of green foam and then cut brown pipe cleaners in thirds for the stems.

Madison threaded all of the leaves onto the stems then we folded the pipe cleaners in half and stuck them on top of the apples.

Apple-rific!

and how cute are Maddie and daddy making caramel apple cider pancakes?!

8 comments:

Sandy said...

The apples are adorable and those pancakes sound delicious! Maddie really looks like she is enjoying making them!

Izzie, Mac & Me said...

Very cute idea...again,we;ll be using this idea too! Thank you for sharing. I love "borrowing" your ideas!

Cassie said...

What a cute activity~!

Mama Said said...

Okay, you are too cool! I am officially stealing all your ideas! :) Very cute! Love your blog!

Sheena said...

How cute are those! My only problem is I have a hard time finding the cardboard egg cartons. I can usually only find the styrofoam kind. This might me worth looking around some to find it so we can make these. :)

Jacksmom726 said...

very cute idea that Jack and I will be borrowing!! Also, how did your hubby and Maddie make the pancakes?? They sound awesome!!

OCD Procrastinator said...

Do you have a recipe for these pancakes? I would love to try them!

Jamie said...

Those turned out so cute!