Saturday, May 9, 2009

Rainy Day Take 2

Rain rain go away, come again another day......

That's right - rain again! Goodness.

In my last post I mentioned this great website called Kiz Club where you can print out all sorts of things like story props, flash cards, and craft ideas. We printed out the matching pictures to Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed and The Very Hungry Caterpillar. The monkeys turned into puppets for Maddie's homemade puppet theater but we decided to add magnets to the caterpillar pictures so that Maddie could play with them on the fridge. I am also hoping to pick up a cheap cookie sheet so that we can bring the caterpillar magnets and a few other magnet sets we have on our vacation at the end of the month. (Planning a weekend away with a preschooler will be a post for another day!)


A few weeks ago a trip to Marshall's led to some great educational finds for Maddie. I picked up a Melissa and Doug Dress Up Bear Puzzle for $4! I don't have any pictures of Maddie enjoying it yet though, the little bear is the perfect compact size for our trip so she is hidden for the time being!
Crazy shower hair!

I also picked up a game called Match-It Opposites by Learning Journey for $4 too! I was hoping to keep this hidden away for our vacation also but I broke it out when I woke up to rain again this morning. I was pleasantly surprised at how well Maddie did matching up the opposites, especially considering that we really haven't talked much about them except for Stop and Go.


When we got to the mini frozen vs melted puzzle we had to head to the kitchen for a little science experiment. After dropping an ice cube in a bowl Maddie went back to her puzzle but continued to check up on her melting ice cube. For such a simple project Mad was thrilled to watch the piece of ice turn into a puddle.


I am really hoping for the sun to make an appearance for Mother's Day tomorrow. We are headed to my mom's house for a Mother's Day lunch and a birthday celebration for my mom too. That's right my mom's birthday is either the day before, the day after or the day of Mother's Day every year! Tomorrow afternoon I will post the super cool gift I made for my mom's birthday!

No comments: