Thursday, June 18, 2009

Passport Around Town

Who even likes running errands? Certainly not me! It isn't so bad alone but when I have Maddie in tow things tend to take much longer and end up being a bit stressful.

I have been brainstorming ways to make the trips fun for Mad and think I now have a winner! I turned a 77 cents mini notebook into a passport for around town! I covered the mini notebook in some cute scrapbook paper, printed out a little travel sticker for the front and added a vital info sticker in the front cover. So for less than a $1 Maddie has her own personal mission on every trip out of the house.


We put the passport to work today while we ran errands this morning. When it was time for me to check out a store Maddie politely asked for a stamp in her passport. I quickly explained that a sticker, stamp or even a quick little drawing like a smiley face would be just fine. All we are looking for is some sort of mark that Maddie has been to that destination.

Everyone that Maddie passed her passport to today thought it was such a great idea and Maddie LOVED it!Since it was such a big hit I made an extra to send to whomever will be Maddie's Super Summer Swap buddy!

8 comments:

DairyQueen said...

that's a sweet idea! we will be matching partners, as much as possible, with similar ages and sex (though it may not always work out that way), but different states. Most likely, you will be able to send glitter and pink!

Kim @ Life of a Modern Mom said...

What a fantastic ideas!

Michelle said...

That is a really cute idea!!

Gidget Girl Reading said...

tht is a great idea!!! I'm making one for both my girls i bet even my 8 yr old would like it! Maybe I'll make one for my nephew too! :)

Georgine said...

Wow, you are so good. I think I have to try this out. Isn't it funny how much longer an errand takes with a toddler in tow? Just the in and out of the car seat, and the slow walking, and the no, you are too young for gum!

Again, fab idea!

Amanda said...

I am so happy all of you like the passport book! I only go grocery shopping twice a month which also turns into our errand day and it ends up being such a long day that we get take out for dinner even though we have a house full of food!

I wish I had thought if this earlier this week though, or errand day this week was: post office, town hall, library, Walmart, Big Y, the Exchange on base, MWR on base and the gas station! We ended up going out for lunch so didn't have to even think about doing anything else until dinner time!

Bran said...

That is an awesome idea!! I'm gonna have to do that for my kids as they would love it!

LitLass said...

Great idea!

We'll be near Old Saybrook next week--I'll have to keep Stay and Play in mind in case it rains.